Spicy Tandoori Brussel Sprouts Recipe Revealed
Updated: Jan 8, 2021
This Thanksgiving is going to be somewhat different to normal. Unfortunately, with a global health crisis, it looks like getting the entire family together may not be possible, with travel restrictions keeping celebrations smaller this year.
Instead why not try spicing things up this holiday with this easy east meets west recipe for the perfect Thanksgiving side dish; a longtime favorite of Restaurateurs Raj & Bina Sharma celebrating 30 years of their award- wining restaurant Bombay Mahal in Maine.
Brussel sprouts are healthy, delicious, & extremely versatile with whatever you do with them. They are a nutrient packed leafy vegetable in season from fall throughout winter. They were named after the European city of Brussels, Belgium where they were popularized in the 16th century.
Here, they share their quick & easy recipe for it:
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
Cook Time 30 minutes
20 Brussel Sprouts washed & halved
1.5 cups Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon of Garlic & ginger paste
1 white large onion
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon of red chili powder
1 tablespoon of lime juice
4 tablespoon of vegetable oil
1 teaspoon of fennil seed powder
1 tablespoon of chat masala
1 teaspoon of Indian garam masala
1 tablespoon of salt
1 teaspoon of turmeric
1 tablespoon of cilantro
1 green chili finely chopped
1. In a large mixing bowl add your yogurt, dry spices, ginger/garlic paste, chilies, grated onions and thoroughly mix together until smooth
2. Add in your halved and washed brussel sprouts to marinate for 1 hour by covering your bowl with clear wrap and placing in the fridge
3. Preheat your home oven to 350 degrees. If you have access to a traditional clay oven tandoor even better.
4. Start by poking through your marinated brussel sprout pieces on a metal skewer leaving half an ¼ inch in space between each sprout
5. Place sewers onto a baking tray lightly sprinkled with olive oil & bake for 20 minutes turning as needed until pieces are crispy
6. Remove from skewers to serve in a large serving dish and sprinkle with freshly chopped cilantro, diced onions, and chat masala.